Saturday, January 26, 2008

What's up with the Blog??!!!

First thank you to those of you who were looking for my entries and are keeping me on my toes. I was hoping to post some cool snowboarding pictures from Will's recent ski trip. He took 3 out of 26 pictures on the disposable and those were in the equipment chalet! Aaaagh!

He had a great time snowboarding and of course thinks that he needs about $500 worth of snowboarding equipment. Which is funny since he can't come up with the $ 70 to take the next trip the end of the month. Dad and I will probably spring for the trip to give him a second try at the mountain. This time he will not have to take the lessons, so he should be able to get more boarding time in. He was sore for a couple of days and said he hurt his knee. Since I know a little about knee injuries, I was able to ask several questions and determine that he just banged it a bit and all was okay. Mostly it was probably just using his legs in a very different way than normal. Of course, that didn't keep him off his bike for long.

The layout above is William at Jones Beach, WA on a quad (another toy he would like to have). He went with a friend and her two boys. They had a blast. William babysits the boys from time to time and they enjoyed having a bigger guy around while riding. I think that Liz enjoyed the additonal help as well - so it worked out great for all. You may recognize the setting from our Christmas cards!

I took Martin Luther King Day off at work and joined other consultants in a stamp retreat. I took over a year's worth of unfinished projects along with my Extravaganza ideas and finished all except the layout above. I still have to put it all together, but overall was very happy with my efforts. I am again going to try and teach at the national convention which is being held in Orlando Florida this year. My concept is transforming page protectors into other items. In this layout, I used 1/2 of a page protector to create my own transparency overlay. I also am playing with liquid glass and you really can't see the detail in the letters but they are colored and look like epoxy stickers.

The item that I am happiest with is this folio of pictures and items. Because the base is plastic, it seems very airy and I love the overall look whether it is folded up or open. I've had great initial reactions from folks that I have shown it to.

I had 3 1/2 days of creativity and it seemed to have sparked me to get more accomplished at work. I feel that I am finally catching up! We have been a week behind since the storm and never seem to gain momentum but this week I was able to knock a lot off the list, even when I had a few new things added to it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the Jones Beach pics, that was a fun time!
Will is a great kid, he's invited along anytime we go. :)
heck, everything looks awesome.
Thanks for sharing. Nice to see you blogging. Make sure and link to that sweet blog over at
nwlimited.wordpress.com
;)