Sunday, May 2, 2010

Will's New Vehicle

We found it!  And I can say, I am glad to be done looking through the Craigslist advertisements!  We bought this 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada on Friday.  It will go in tomorrow for a front end alighnment so will not be available for "practice drives" until next week.
It has been  lowered but we will bring up the front end about 1 " when it is rea-aligned.
The tires are in good shape, it has a roof rack, tow package and pretty fancy rims.  About 95K mileage and loaded with options.  It was a unanimous decision to buy this rig.  Should get Will through all his future travels (until he is out on his own and decides he must have something else!).
Yes, we are making him read the manual and get familiar with what is under the hood, under the carraige and all that "fun" stuff.

3 comments:

Jessica Marie said...

He must be so excited, but you guys must be so nervous, right? Hahaha. Well, I'm glad you guys found a nice car! :)

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

It does provide a certain amount of leverage for grades and such! :)

Debra said...

Wow, that's a sweet ride and I'm sure he is really excited about it!

Hey are you taking Candice's portraiture class that's starting soon? I wanted to so badly, but we just couldn't afford it right now because we had to buy plane tickets to our son's graduation from bootcamp. I really want to get into the class next time around though.

Have you still been practicing and taking lots of pictures? Now that the weather is finally starting to warm up and show us a little sun here and there, I really want to get together and do some shooting. My son leaves in a couple of weeks, so maybe by then we'll have some nice weather. Maybe we can meet for a cup of coffee down at the river walk somewhere and then take some pics. I'm back to taking pics again after a long break while my computer was dead for several months. I bought a reconditioned one that is only a year old and it is faster than my old computer, so that's nice. The best thing of all is....that I didn't lose any of my pictures on my hard drive and what a relief that was!!! I still have your cell phone number, so I will text you soon and see if you're up for taking some pics together. I think it will be fun. Talk to you soon, Debra