Saturday, October 9, 2010

Homecoming

Being the No. 1-ranked team in the state isn't a jinx after all!  Fishermen were victorious in their Homecoming game over Yamill-Carlton Tigers, on 10/7/10.  It was not without injuries as the quarterback Harber received a concussion and receiver Boord ended the night with a broken collar bone.  I spoke with Conor Harber's father yesterday who was under the impression that the homecoming dance was Saturday night - maybe that hit was a little harder than they thought, as the dance was Friday night!  Conor is fine, dad isn't in the "know" on the dance info - sports is his bag.

So, then on to the festivities . . .  Friday was an in-service day so the girls had plenty of time to get ready and the guys were able to take their time for that 20 minute preparation getting into the dress clothes (complete with ties)!












There was a lot of anxiety about getting the boutineers pinned on the guys! The boys had it easy as each chose a wrist coursages.



















Mission accomplished - and they look great!

A large group of friends started the evening at the Tumberello's for dinner (25 in all, I believe). 

The adults served courses of salad, prime rib entree and cheesecake for dessert.  It was a very coordinated affair and very relaxing for everyone involved (yes even the adults!).

 I wish that we had done things like this when I was in high school, it makes the whole evening a lot more fun for everyone. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot believe William is old enough for high school dances!!! Where does time go??

Great pictures :)

Debra said...

Great pictures Susan! Your son looks very handsome and he did a great job of coordinating the purple color to match his date's dress! I'm sure it was a memorable night for all of them.

On a different note....can you believe how cold it was today? Brrr, I'm not ready for winter and you and I haven't even gotten together to take pics yet! I'm very close to being able to get out, since my back surgery, so I do want to connect and at least have coffee or something, even if it's too cold to take pics outside.